WHO WE ARE:
Women’s Institute for Leadership Development is a non-profit making organisation registered as a Trust in 2012, based in Bulawayo. It seeks to invest in building and strengthening the power of women’s involvement in leadership and decision-making, both in rural and urban communities of Zimbabwe. The organisation continues to help harness women’s capacity, connections, and credibility they need to unlock their potential as catalysts of local and national leadership change and policy progress.
VISION: Women and girls, at the core of economic, political and social development
To enhance the capacity of women and girls to participate in economic and environmental activities, influence structural changes and have access to capital and markets.
To build awareness and capacity of women and girls to demand fulfillment of their social rights as well as influence systems that will protect these rights.
To enhance women and girls’ interest in politics and governance as well as influence structural changes to expand and protect safe spaces for women and girls.
The values of the organization also got a facelift. In order to effectively execute its mission, WILD now identifies with the following six guiding principles:
- Diplomacy: WILD strives to be neutral when dealing with various political entities and institutions
- Diversity: Wild programmes and activities will be assorted to adapt to the ever-changing operating environment
- Tolerance: WILD will be receptive and open-minded to different beliefs, values and cultures within the Zimbabwean context
- Equity: WILD strives to be just in the execution of its mandate
- Accountability: WILD will remain accountable to its beneficiaries and targeted stakeholders in the communities.
- Integrity: WILD promises a level of consistency of actions, values, methods, measures, principles, expectations, and outcomes in all its members of staff and stakeholders.
WHERE WE WORK
BULAWAYO, GWANDA, UMZINGWANE, LUPANE AND PLUMTREE –