WHO WE ARE:
Women’s Institute for Leadership Development is a non-profit making organisation based in Bulawayo. It seeks to invest in building and strengthening the power of women’s involvement in leadership and decision-making, both in rural and urban communities of Zimbabwe. The organisation continues to help harness women’s capacity, connections, and credibility they need to unlock their potential as catalysts of local and national leadership change and policy progress.
VISION: Inclusive, open and resilient societies for women and girls
MISSION: To strengthen women and girls’ capacity, agency and voice to effectively lead and equitably benefit from sustainable development.
- Social Justice and Governance
- Economic Justice
- Leadership Development and Mentorship
- Research, M&E, Communication and Learning
- Diplomacy: WILD strives to be neutral when dealing with various political entities and institutions
- Diversity: Wild programmes and activities will be assorted to adapt to the ever-changing operating environment
- Tolerance: WILD will be receptive and open-minded to different beliefs, values and cultures within the Zimbabwean context
- Equity: WILD strives to be just in the execution of its mandate
- Accountability: WILD will remain accountable to its beneficiaries and targeted stakeholders in the communities.
- Integrity: WILD promises a level of consistency of actions, values, methods, measures, principles, expectations, and outcomes in all its members of staff and stakeholders.
OPERATIONAL AREAS: Bulawayo, Gwanda, Umzingwane, Lupane and Plumtree